So you’ve chosen your bedlinen; our Loom Living bamboo cotton range is a good choice, curtains and floor covering, what about some art for your bedroom walls?
We’ve put together a few tips to keep in mind when looking for artwork for your bedroom.
- Take a picture of your bedroom with you when shopping for artwork you are reminded of what other items are already in the room. Sometimes it’s hard to imagine art on your walls so it’s a good idea to take along a reminder of what tones are already at play.
- We’ve already established that soothing colours work best in the bedroom and this applies to artwork too. Stick to soft hues rather than bold colours. For a more contemporary feel, simple black on white line sketches are a good choice. Our cotton bamboo blend bedlinen provides the perfect backdrop in indigo, ash grey and white.
- Less is more. Rather err on the side of too little artwork than too much. It doesn’t have to be all on the walls either, a simple vase of greenery can also pass as ‘artwork’ as it provides a focal point and contrast.
- If choosing framed artwork, choose the right frames for the look you’re after. For example, an elaborate, heavy gold frame is not going to sit well with a minimalist contemporary bedroom. Rather choose simple black or white frames or light natural bamboo. A good complimentary choice for our bamboo bedlinen!
- You may have the cutest family on the planet but try not to turn your bedroom into a family photo gallery. A few treasured pictures are fine but too many creates clutter.
- Take note of the size of your bedroom and choose art accordingly. Interestingly, if you have a small bedroom, one large piece can actually give the illusion of the room being larger than it actually is. Too many little pieces can create a feeling of confinement.
- If you’re fortunate enough to have a friend with a creative eye, invite them along to help position pictures. Or copy the experts and steal ideas from decor magazine bedroom spreads.
- A mirror can also offer some stylish options for the bedroom. Again, choose a mirror with a frame that goes with the rest of your artwork.
- Remember it’s easy to change artwork so don’t get too hung up on choices. Select what you love.
- You don’t have to spend a fortune on bedroom artwork. You can easily find prints online and shop around for suitable frames. All it takes is a little time and effort and your bedroom will become your well-deserved haven.