Did you know that bamboo bedding is naturally hypoallergenic and antibacterial? It may come as a shock to most but our beds are actually a breeding ground for nasties such as dust mites and even infections causing athletes foot. Bamboo fibres actually reduce the amount of bug attracting moisture in your bed. Less moisture discourages dust mites (allergen carriers) from making their home in your bedding.
To reduce the risk of skin issues, follow some simple guidelines:
1. Swap out your existing bedlinen for the best quality natural fibre you can afford. Cheap polyester blends may cost less in the short term but for long term health benefits, a bamboo cotton blend is ideal, particularly if your family is prone to eczema or skin issues. Because bamboo is antibacterial and antimicrobial is is perfect for your skin.
Visit us online for more bamboo benefits; https://loomliving.com/pages/benefits-of-bamboo
2. Wash bedding once a week. Hang out in sunshine for optimal health benefits.
3. Use pillow protectors and wash pillows at least once a month, hanging outside to dry. Use a mild liquid detergent rather than powder which can leave a residual coating.
4. Shower before bedtime so skin is clean. It’s no good having clean sheets if your skin is grubby.
5. Don’t go to bed with makeup on. It’s a recipe for skin disaster.
6. Remember your hair emits oils too. Wash frequently to ensure pillow hygiene.