Guests to Impress: 6 tips to make your guest bedroom shine!
Summer in Australia often means guests – especially overseas visitors making the most of our sunshine and long, lazy days. Here are some tips to make their experience a little more memorable. Be warned, however, they may just overstay their welcome!
1. Luxurious bedlinen. Possibly the most important investment to set the scene for a good night’s sleep. At Loom Living we have a range of colour waves to choose from and our luxuriously soft and organic range of bamboo/cotton bedlinen is perfect in all climates. Remember to use layering on beds so guests can add bedding or remove for comfort.
2. Block out blinds or curtains. This will enable your guests to indulge in a little early morning lie-in cocooned in their luscious bamboo bedding without the sun beaming into the bedroom. It’s their holiday after all.
3. Minimalist means tranquil. Don’t be tempted to try out your eclectic bedroom decorating skills on your guest bedroom. When it comes to a peaceful night’s sleep, soft and gently does it. And this applies to your colour scheme too. Declutter so guests aren’t tripping over excess furniture.
4. Good lighting. Bedside lamps create soft, soothing lighting. Even better, pendant lighting will allow you to free up space on bedside tables. Make sure you have plenty of bedtime reading material for your guests too.
5. Ceiling fans. While many people may opt for air conditioning, fans are a perennial favourite and won’t dry out the air. Just ensure they’re operating smoothly.
6. Cupboard space. Allocate a small area for your guests to hang clothing and pack away their suitcases.
Enjoy your guests!