I love Summer! The weather is warmer and it’s a great time to push refresh on your bedroom.
Here are 5 quick ways to update your room which won’t keep you up at night or empty your bank account.
- Declutter your wardrobe, selves and side tables. Go through all the stuff you have collected over the last few months and purge all the things that you don’t use, or can be pack away for next winter. Those extra blankets, winter scarves and winter wollies lying about.
Clean and decluttered surfaces can make you feel instantly inspired and refreshed.
- I love to bring out my lighter, fresher bedlinen for the summer. I use my white or ash grey sets, I feel the lighter colours add a freshness and bring summer a little closer. If your room is looking dark and gloomy, white or ash grey bedlinen is the perfect way to lighten up a room. Natural fabrics such as Bamboo, Cotton or Linen are best for the warmer months; they are breathable and are far more comfortable on those warm summer nights.
- New and updated artwork is a great way to freshen and update a bedroom. I’m always on the lookout for postcards and calendars with great images that I can use. Use the old frames you have and if needed, a quick coat of paint to update the frame. Replace the old pictures with your news ones and there you have new artwork! Simple and every effective.
- Change up your cushions on your bed for an instant update.
I pack away my fur throw and cushions and add some fresh and summery cushions to my bed to add to the summer vibes.
- Adding a plant or some greenery to your bedroom makes for an instant summer feeling.
There are some plants that are great for indoors; Peace lilies and Fiddle Leaf Fig to name a few.
Now you are ready to spring into summer with a fresh look to your bedroom.